For New Hanover County Schools, Board of Education
Thinking back on my wonderful role models, it has always been clear that I would become an educator.
Mr. Gripaldi- a coach of mine in high school, challenged me, inspired me and made me a better person.
My father- one of the most influential men in my life. He was a tireless person who would do anything to help anyone. He showed me what a Godly man should be.
Now, I can proudly declare myself a longtime educator. I began my career teaching at the high school level. After marrying my wonderful wife, Kiersten, we moved to Wilmington, North Carolina to continue our careers.
Notable Positions & Achievements
- Teacher, Coach and Athletic Director for E.B. Trask Junior High and Middle schools – 17 years
- Assistant Principal at South Brunswick Middle School – recognized as a National School to Watch
- Brunswick Early College High School
- Brunswick County Academy
- Principal of North Topsail Elementary School – 11 years
Outside of the school system, I have served the public in a variety of ways.
- Preacher at Rocky Point Presbyterian for four years
- Softball, soccer, baseball coach
- YMCA swim coach, alongside my wife
- Volunteered at Life 90.5 FM Christian radio telethon
- Served on a medical and construction mission trip to the Dominican Republic, Summer ‘19
- Treasurer, Sons of the American Legion, Post 10, Wilmington, NC